I was the only one at the field, so worked a few things, put Ardi away, worked a few more, put her away. The last time, I left Ardi on the table and went to get my camera. When I came back I shooed her off the table and got her to lay down beside it, and took a seat on it myself.
It was a beautiful cool morning, she laid relaxing, while I tried to figure out a setting on the camera. Every once in a while I looked up from the camera to see her eyes half open as she basked in the sun. All of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I could see her neck lengthen and her ears come forward, she remained motionless. I turned to look over my shoulder, and about 15 yards away were 6 young deer standing between the teeter and the dogwalk grazing in the middle of our field.
Slowly I reached and put my hand through Ardi's collar and with the other hand fumbled with the camera settings. One of the deer sneezed, and as silently as they arrived they sprung into action and were gone, but not before I snapped a couple of pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment