Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Sparks away!

Today was the maiden run with the kicksled.  I loaded Reese , Nugget and the sled and then headed to White Butte trails.  I was happy that I could fit both dogs and the sled into the Orlando, with a bit of tweaking the loading and unloading will go smoother.

This outing was to find my snow legs and so I didn’t harness the dogs.  My plan is to harness Reese first and once she has the hang of it , add Nugget for some extra dog power.

There is a winter walking trail at White Butte  that is fairly wide.  The middle of the trail was packed by the foot traffic.  I started out in the fresh snow, but quickly found that the more packed the snow was the faster I could go.  The dogs were thrilled to be out for a run and over all did pretty good. We went about 4 times further then I would have been able go if I were walking in a quarter of the time.  Neither of the dogs were too thrilled about stopping for a picture, but it gave me a chance for a breather.  The kicking is a wonderful work out and a huge amount of fun.

No comments: